Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Convention Swaps...

I know that Convention ended almost a month ago and I have been slacking sharing anything with you. I have SO many fun things to share though, so I figured I better get started. :) I signed up for some organized swaps during convention. It was great, I just made a whole bunch of my pages and came home with lots of new ideas! Anyway: I want to share what I made for the swaps.
This is my 6x6 page/card. We were supposed to make a page that could easily be folded in half and turned into a card. That way people get both ideas. :) I love this page. For the flower I punched two scallop circles out of the yummy new Melon Mambo, and then cut in between all the scallops to make it look like petals. I hope that makes sense. :)
Then these are the pages I did for the 12x12 swap. I used the Pick a Petal set to make the cute border at the bottom and then the "petal" stamps to make the candle flames! I also used the fun texture plates and the Big Shot to texture all my candles, I think it gave them so much fun dimension. :) I want to give a BIG Thank You to some of my stamping friends...Candice, Mindy, Heather and Jan! (Let me know if I missed someone. :)) My kiddos were sick the whole week before Convention and so I wasn't able to get my 12x12's done at home. They were so great and helped me finish all my pages so they would be ready to swap. Thanks again...it really meant a lot to me! :)
I received lots of great swaps back, so I will share those in the next few days! :)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a super clever idea for the birthday candles!!!

Kasia said...

I LOVE these pages SO much. Thanks for the great idea to copy I also loved the candles!