Saturday, September 6, 2008

Swell News...

Ok...so I just found out that two of my cousins are pregnant, well, I knew about one of them but I just found out what she is having, so I wanted to make them up a card to tell them both congrats! Its hard to tell, but I embossed the polka dots with clear embossing powder, I love embossing, I think it just adds so much more to your project. :)
Also, I can't decide which card I like better, I'm thinking I really like the green, I don't know the pink one just feels like it needs something. Any thoughts?

Stamps: Polka Dot, Swell News (retired)
Ink: Basic Black; Close to Cocoa Craft Ink; Apricot Appeal, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Going Grey (All for coloring the girls)
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Bella Rose DSP, Blender Pen, Clear Embossing Powder, Scallop Edge Punch, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware (retired), Dimensionals

5 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

Both cards are SUPER cute!! I was so mad when this stamp set retired. They should bring it back, or at least something like it.

Andrea said...

i think that both of those cards are adorbale. Sometimes less is best. Good job.

Design With Ink said...

I LOVE these cards. You are fab-o! I think they are both great. I love this set as well. You did a GREAT job! :) Love this!

Brooke S said...

Cute cards Megan I really love the layouts.. They are so crisp and clean.. So Stylish...
Hugs,
Brooke

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute! I really like both cards! The green does really "pop" but pink and brown is a classic, an all-time favorite!