Friday, September 5, 2008

A New Little Trick...

I did this card as one of my workshop cards during August, and long story short, I had a bunch of stuff leftover so I decided to just make them up to have ready when I needed one. :) Well, as I was putting all these cards together I got sick of using a bunch of glue dots and thought the circle would stay on better if it was stapled, but then I was still having to glue the bow on, so *click...on went the light bulb, 'why not staple it all on!' :) I'm sure that lots have you already do this, but I had never seen it, so I was so proud of myself that I thought of a shortcut and I wanted to share it with you. :)

First, I stapled the circle and twill tape to the flower piece.
Then, I just tied the twill tape around the staple.
The wide ribbons and twill tape hide the staple really well.
Here is the finished card...it was cased from Convention.
Then I wanted to try it with the 1/4" grosgrain, it works with a regular staple, but it slides around and shows the staple, which is fine sometimes, but sometimes you don't want the staple to show...so I was at Walmart and found a teeny tiny stapler and it works perfect for the 1/4" grosgrain! You can see the difference in sizes...
and how well the little staple is hidden.
Anyway, If you read all this, congrats, and like I said, its not a new thing, just new to me! :)

6 comments:

Design With Ink said...

I think this is a great trick! And how awesome to show a tutorial! :) You're so great! :) And so smart! Love this trick. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Don't you just love it when you get a "duh" moment??? Thanks for sharing it with us all. I will definetly be using your little trick.
Have a happy day.

Brooke S said...

Great tip Megan... My girls will love it!
Hugs
Brooke

Created by Kath said...

It was new to me, thanks for sharing.

Patty Bennett said...

Love it!! Fabulous tip! Thanks for sharing. I'll be casing that idea for sure! Patty

Mary said...

I loved this card at convention and I LOVE your trick! I'm going to have to use it!