Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Fun Technique...

Alright, so I mentioned in THIS POST about my workshop in Southern Utah. Here is another couple really fun techniques I showed them. I don't normally show this many, but they hadn't had a workshop down there for a year, so I wanted to show them lots of fun things.
Anyway, this is called Poppin' Pastels. I forget a lot of times how much fun the pastels can be, they sit hidden in one of my drawers and don't get much love. :) I love the way the images start showing up when you start daubing color into your cardstock. So, basically you just stamp your images on white cardstock with VersaMark and then you use your sponge daubers and pastels to add the color. You can CLICK HERE to see a tutorial on this. :) I just love the way it turns out when you use big, bold images! :)
Oh, and if your wondering, I left the white oval blank so my hostesses could stamp whatever sentiment they wanted right there. :)
I did this bookmark with the same exact colors and stamps, but when you are using dark cardstock you stamp your images with whisper white craft ink and then do the same thing with the pastels and sponge daubers. This is called the Chalkboard Technique. You can CLICK HERE to see a tutorial on that. :) I love the contrast and how vibrant the colors look. :) Plus, don't you just love the clear rhinestone brads? I do...and even better...now you can get them in a pack all themselves. :)

If you have any questions let me know! :)

2 comments:

lindsey s. said...

i love the chalkboard technique... i have never seen that before. way to go!

Kasia said...

I like this, it looks awesome with these stamps!