Friday, March 6, 2009

Lovin' These Birds...

I was recently out of town for a great workshop and wanted to show all the guests some new techniques, but that are kinda based from some very fun basics. I showed them the basics and then the "stepped up" technique. Ok, so this is the embossing resist technique. Isn't it SO fun?!?! It is such a simple technique that I know I forget about sometimes, but it is perfect for making your own specialty designer paper! :) If you want step by step instructions you can click here to see a great tutorial, but it is so easy.
I started with a piece of whisper white cardstock, stamped my little flower image from the set Cheep Talk (LOVE LOVE that set!) with VersaMark, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I inked up my brayer with Baja Breeze ink and rolled it across my paper. Once it was the color I wanted, I used a baby wipe to wipe the excess ink from the little flowers. Super easy! :) I finished that card with a piece of the YUM-O ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration ribbon bundle.
Here is a detail shot to try and show the fun shiny texture of the embossed flowers. :)

If you have any questions let me know and have fun playing with this fun technique! :) Tomorrow I will show you the "stepped up" technique! :)

What I used:
Stamps: Cheep Talk
Ink: VersaMark, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Brayer, Corner Rounder Punch, Ribbon Bundle

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Adorable card!!

Design With Ink said...

Super cute. I love this technique and I am really loving the colors on this card. Again...so good girl!

Kasia said...

so cute and fun! I love the colors. I am going to have to go dust off my brayer :)