Saturday, March 7, 2009

Emerging Color...

I told you I would share this fun "stepped up" version of the embossing resist technique. Its called emerging color and I just love the way it turns out. This one is still really simple, but more steps and I'm afraid if I try and describe it I will just confuse you and you wont ever want to try it. :) So, CLICK HERE to see a great tutorial on this. This was my first attempt and didn't turn out quite as good as it could have (I didn't let the ink from the leaves dry enough before pouring on the embossing powder) I still really like it. I got the inspiration for the card from this notebook. If you decide to try out this fun technique be sure to let me know...I would love to see it! :)

What I used:
Stamps: Petal Pizzazz, Fresh Cuts (sentiment)
Ink: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, VersaMark
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Silver Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Brayer, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Design With Ink said...

Well look how cute this is! : ) Good job. I love the colors and everything. I bet they had a super fun time seeing this! You're talented...my dear!

Amanda said...

Great job! I love how you changed up from the layout from my notebook. It's so neat to see something of mine case'd! tfs